Monday, July 21, 2008

Email To Real Host Family

Buon giorno!

I wrote an email to my new host family today...don't worry, I didn't use an online translation service other than for one word this time haha.  This made it a pretty short email, though, because I do not know very much Italian.  I wrote:

"Hello!

My name is Ellie Frye.  How are you?
I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I am an exchange student with AFS.
Do you speak English?
I would love to know about your family, the school that I will be attending, and your lives.
I have two dogs, do you have any animals?

I do not know very much Italian, I am sorry.

Goodbye,
Ellie Frye (USA)"

So I hope that that is a more successful email than my last attempt.  No talk about narcotics in this one though, that's a plus!

I am really looking forward to leaving.  I'm almost at the one month mark!! That is crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Ellie. I'm glad you had a sense of humor about your other letter. I tried writing my host sister today, and I swear it took me almost two hours -- ridiculous! I hope your new family writes to you soon!