Sunday, June 15, 2008

Host Family!!!

So today I got my host family.  I am so excited!!

I will be living in Belluno BL, Italy.  It is 80 kilometers north of venice and, from the pictures that I looked up, a relatively small town, though according to wikipedia it is the capital of the province of Belluno and the most important city in the Dolomiti's region.  It has 35,000 people, the largest populated area of Valbelluna.  It is right near the alps and it looks like there are slopes for skiing right near where I'll be, and the annual average temperature is 49 degrees fahrenheit...not exactly the warm Italian weather I was expecting, but I'll survive somehow I'm sure haha.  No it is going to be so great.  The pictures that I saw were beautiful.

There is the Piave river in the city, so maybe there will be crew.  If not, it will be just fine, but if so I might take up the opportunity.  I don't know yet though, but who knows, it's a very easy way to make friends.

In my family I have a host mom named Cinthia Stetka and a dad named Franco.  Best of all, I have a sister who is my age named Federica.  She is only 3 months older than I am.  My brother is named Giovanni, and he is 12.

I sent them an email today.  I translated it into Italian using the internet and sent it, but then when I translated it back using the same program it said that I had sent my family an email saying:
Hello! My name is Ellie Frye and I have obtained an email that I say that I will live the next year with you and your family.
Therefore you and your family are excited to get to know!  The next year is going to be narcotic.  I hope that you can get to know all the small before that he arrives, in order to render to the transition the little easiest one.  It says a tip to me approximately you!  Which thing fairies appreciate to make?  Which thing is like in Belluno?  Which school gone, Federica?
I am learning, but I do not know the sink of the Italian however I write an entire email enough, so as to I am using a website of translation.  Consequently, they are sorry if this does not have a lot of meant.  It writes I pray in Italian if speeches English I will not translate and it.  I will learn the Italian before that he arrives however, I do not take care myself!  
They are much enthusiastic.  Thanks therefore a lot for the hospitality me, I cannot attend in order to know it more best!
Thanks!
Ellie


haha so that's unfortunate.  It made absolutely no sense and sometimes said the opposite of what I wanted.  Oh well though I hope they get the gist.

No comments: